Working Title: Executive Assistant
Department: Institutional Advancement
Provide administrative and secretarial support to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and Directors and Coordinators within the Department.
Nature of Work:
Highly responsible administrative assistant work relating to Communications, Philanthropy, and Alumni Relations for the College.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet and screen visitors to the Institutional Advancement Office
- Screen phone calls in a friendly, professional manner; with the ability to answer requests and assist with problem resolution when appropriate
- Responsible for processing mail and correspondence
- Keep complete and accurate administrative, fiscal, and academic records, and prepare complex, technical, and confidential reports
- Manage filing system
- Responsible for making travel and meeting arrangements
- Responsible for supervising student assistants for the Institutional Advancement Office
- makes appointments; transmits policy and administrative decisions
- Prepare agenda and compile data for meetings. Responsible for taking various meeting minutes
- Prepare requisitions, vouchers, forms, and other documents for Office of Institutional Advancement
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Must have excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook with typing skills of at least 55 wpm. Experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of administration, faculty, staff, and students
- Assure discreet handling of all confidential information
- Ability to compose correspondence, reports, and requests for President
- Demonstrated self-motivator with the ability to work with little or no supervision, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, provide recommendations and effectively communicate updates to others
- Should be able to work outside the core office hours when needed
Required Education and/or Experience:
Degree or certificate in Office Administration or related field or a minimum of five years executive assistant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The Executive Assistant is under the direction of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.