Working Title: Senior Executive Assistant
Department: Office of the President
Provides administrative and secretarial support to the President of the College.
Nature of Work:
Highly responsible administrative work involving the performance of independent administrative duties within the parameters of the President’s direction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the President with projects as directed
- Supervise secretarial support staff and delegate work as necessary
- Greet and screen visitors to the Office of the President
- Screen phone calls in a friendly, professional manner; with the ability to answer requests and assist with problem resolution when appropriate
- Arrange essential mail in priority action order for President
- Responsible for complete and accurate document production and processing
- Responsible for making travel and meeting arrangements
- Handle all inquiries within positions capacity.
- Schedule the President’s calendar in order to arrange and maintain conferences, meetings, and appointments
- Take, transcribe, and disseminate minutes for various college and Darton College Foundation meetings
- Schedule all college committee meetings over which the President presides, arrange for meeting facilities, notify committee members
- Keep schedules for use of President’s Club and President’s Boardroom
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Must have excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook with typing skills of at least 55 wpm
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of administration, faculty, staff, students, members of the Board of Regents and community and legislative leaders
- Exercise considerable initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in the performance of duties
- Assure discreet handling of all confidential information
- Ability to compose correspondence, reports, and requests for President
- Demonstrated self-motivator with the ability to work with little or no supervision, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, provide recommendations and effectively communicate updates to others
- Should be able to work outside the core office hours when needed
- Ability to coordinate work flow
- Ability to fill in during the absence of the Executive Assistant
Required Education and/or Experience:
College Degree in Business Administration, Business Education, or other related field with a minimum of five years of administrative assistant experience with evidence of progressive responsibility in varied, complex work situations.
The Senior Executive Assistant is under the direction of the President of the College.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.