Working Title: Student Life Coordinator
Department: Student Activities
The Student Life Coordinator works in collaboration with the Office of Student Activities, Servant Leadership, Athletics, and Student Housing to develop, implement, and document (via photography and videography) student activities and other campus events.
Nature of Work:
The Student Life Coordinator shall intentionally and continuously seek to improve campus educational, cultural, and social programs designed to enhance campus life and student engagement while simultaneously facilitating the practice of service learning and servant leadership.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the Student Life Coordinator shall include, but shall not be limited to:
- The planning and implementation of educational, cultural, social and recreational events that facilitate personal growth and enhanced social skills
- Maintenance of program budget
- Collaboration with other student services housed within the Student Center
- Assisting with the operation of Darton's new student center which includes the following:
- Four Bowling Lanes
- Climbing Wall
- Three Racquetball Courts
- Study Lounges
- Table Tennis
- Television and Electronic Gaming Areas
- Multi-purpose arena (which is designed to support activities, such as, basketball, dodge ball, volley ball, indoor soccer, and large meetings/banquets)
- Maintenance and web-posting of a photo-journal that documents student life and student activities, both within the Office of Student Activities and at other campus events, including selected events sponsored by the Division of Fine Arts and the Athletic Program
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
The Student Activities Coordinator must demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Must be creative and have photography/videography skills
- The ability to supervise and work with students
- The inclination to work in an environment that values both learning and recreation
- Ability to utilize photo and video editing software programs
The Student Life Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Student Activities and indirectly to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.