Working Title: Online Learning Coordinator
Department: Online Learning
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing overall coordination of online learning at Darton College
- Serving as an advocate for online learners and online teachers
- Staying current with emerging technologies for use in the online environment
- Planning orientation for new online faculty and online Division Support Specialists
- Planning training opportunities for all online instructors
- Maintaining the online tutorial programs for online faculty
- Working closely with the Division Online Support Specialists and the Division of Technology to resolve technology issues
- In concert with the Division Support Specialists and Division Deans report weekly on the recruitment efforts for online students
- Finding ways to continually improve and expand quality online learning opportunities, specifically by working with the deans to recruit new online students and exceptional faculty members
- Helping ensure that online students are aware of and have access to the tools needed to be successful in the online environment including tutoring/remediation programs, career counseling and distance testing
- Maintaining a database of approved proctored testing locations
- Assisting the FYE Coordinator in developing the online learning module for the FYE course and training FYE instructors in online learning strategies
- Creating and maintaining a database of online faculty
- Serving as a liaison between Division Online Support Specialists, and the administration
- Maintaining all records regarding online learning to meet institutional processes, policies, state and national guidelines, and accreditation guidelines
- Routinely gathers, analyzes, and presents data regarding the online operations of the college
- Coordinating marketing strategies, recruitment efforts, and public relations as they relate to online learning
- Forwarding correspondence to the appropriate divisions or offices
- Work with Online Support Specialists and lead faculty members in monitoring all course shells for needed updates
- Organizing and maintaining records of the division’s online students and faculty members
- Assisting the division dean, faculty members, and marketing and communications personnel with the recruiting of and marketing toward potential online students
- Coordinating all proctored testing for fully online faculty within the division
- Assisting the division deans, online lead faculty members, and program coordinators as need to coordinate the development of class schedules and staffing
- Attending division, college, or system-wide meeting that relate to online learning
- Participating in division and college committees and projects
- Participating in community activities
- Continuing professional growth and development
- Assisting with special projects
- Fulfilling other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing with faculty, staff, and off-campus proctor sites.
- PC literate with considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office *Word, Outlook, and Access) and office machines such as scanner and copier.
- Keep information confidential.
- Organize and maintain records.
- Organize and distribute materials as needed meeting schedule deadlines.
- Considerable knowledge of the internet and web browsers.
- Create details procedures and desk manuals for the position.
- Be a self-directed worker able to work effectively without direct daily supervision.
- Excellent team member skills are essential.
- The ability to multi-task and be flexible to meet job demands.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or two years’ experience in teaching or working in online learning is preferred; considerable computer skills are required; effective communication and writing skills are necessary.
This position reports to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.