Working Title: Director of Admissions
To perform highly skilled administrative duties relating to the business operations of the department.
Nature of Work:
Darton College, one of the fastest growing colleges in the University System of Georgia, is seeking an experienced admissions professional to provide leadership and daily management of all recruitment and admissions activities. This person will work closely with other college departments to develop and implement all aspects of the enrollment process for traditional, adult, transfer, and international students, including prospecting, marketing, and evaluation of credentials for college admissions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise all Admissions personnel and daily operations of the Admissions Office
- Hire and train new support staff
- Maintain budget, inventory of recruiting materials, and purchasing
- Conduct meetings to advise staff of problems/issues relating to processing and administration
- Direct and guide planning of various types of programs and special recruiting events…Visitation Days, New Student Registration, Counselor’s Breakfast, Dean’s Scholar Award Reception which serve to increase enrollment
- Work with marketing in developing and producing admission publications and brochures
- Review and respond to routine personnel actions such as terminations, personal problems, grievances, disciplinary actions, etc. to ensure recommendations conform to University policies
- Prepare various types of reports, memos, drafts, proposals, etc.
- Complete reports, surveys and other requests for information regarding admissions for the Board of Regents
- Ensure security, confidentiality, and safe-keeping of admissions records
- Counsel with parents/students
- Communicate frequently with faculty and staff from other departments on almost every area of academics and admissions
- Aid Online, Allied Health, Office of International Student Services, and Cordele Center in the admissions process
- Website updates
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of University and office/departmental/divisional functions and operations
- Knowledge of functions, goals, management policies and practices of Admissions Office
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to plan, develop, and analyze work procedures
- Ability to supervise and train others
- Commitment to excellent customer service
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a college/university setting, preferably Admissions
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience
The Director of Admissions reports to the Vice-President for Student Affairs.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.