Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department: Office of the President
Provides administrative and secretarial support in the Office of the President of the College.
Nature of Work:
Highly responsible administrative assistant work including a full range of administrative assistant duties in the Office of the President.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for greeting and screening visitors to the Office of the President
- Responsible for screening phone calls in a friendly, professional manner; with the ability to answer requests and assist with problem resolution when appropriate
- Responsible for processing mail
- Responsible for complete and accurate document production and processing
- Manage extensive filing system index and storage
- Responsible for working with the organization of various college committees
- Responsible for taking various meeting minutes
- Responsible for making travel and meeting arrangements
- Responsible for filling in during the absence of the Senior Executive Assistant
- Responsible for supervising student assistants for the President’s Office
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Must have excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook with typing skills of at least 55 wpm
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well with all levels of administration, faculty, staff, and students
- Assure discreet handling of all confidential information
- Ability to compose correspondence, reports, and requests for President
- Demonstrated self-motivator with the ability to work with little or no supervision, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, provide recommendations and effectively communicate updates to others
- Should be able to work outside the core office hours when needed
Required Education and/or Experience:
Degree or certificate in Office Administration or related field or a minimum of five years executive assistant experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The Senior Administrative Assistant is under the direction of the Senior Executive Assistant in the Office of the President.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.