Working Title: Financial Aid Counselor
Department: Financial Aid
This is a professional position responsible for the advising of students regarding financial aid and the awarding of aid to eligible recipients.
Nature of Work:
This position will assist with the administration of federal, state, and institutional financial aid for prospective and returning students.
Primary responsibilities are counseling students and parents with regard to the financial aid eligibility process and processing aid applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides financial aid counseling and related guidance to students and parents
- Maintains student financial aid information and files.
- Updates student information utilizing automated financial aid management system
- Responds to telephone and mail inquiries concerning financial aid.
- Determines accuracy of certain documents and interpretations of these documents.
- Determines student eligibility for federal and state grant aid
- Processes and certifies student loan applications
- Presents information to various student groups about financial aid
- Serves on institutional committees as required
- Reports to work as scheduled by immediate supervisor.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of modern office methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to interpret/apply regulations and administrative policies
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and judgment with a diverse population in a service-oriented office.
- Ability to work independently
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor Degree with emphasis on business desired; two years working experience within an office environment; or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
The Financial Aid Advisor reports to the Director of Financial Aid.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.