Working Title: Coordinator, Student Accounts
Department: Financial Aid
This is a highly responsible position performing tasks vital to the administration and management of federal and state financial aid programs.
Nature of Work:
The Coordinator of Student Accounts plays an important role by maintaining the integrity of all financial aid program accounts and adherence to governing rules and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The key responsibilities include reconciliation of the Federal Pell Grant Program and the Hope Scholarship and Grant programs.
- Monitoring overpayments of aid to students including attendance verification at the beginning of each semester.
- Performing and submission of all return of financial aid calculations for withdrawn students within mandated time frames.
- Correcting federal and school records for multiple school disbursement records.
- Origination and transmission of all federal and state grant recipients for federal and state approval
- Coordination of all consortium agreements with other USG institutions for student aid purposes
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, and policies relative to student financial aid activities.
- Knowledge of SCT Banner System, EDE, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to successfully meet the public and maintain effective working relations with institution administrators and employees.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors degree preferred; a minimum of five years experience in the processing and administration of financial aid; or a combination of education and experience.
The Coordinator of Student Accounts in the Office of Financial Aid reports to the Director of Financial Aid.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.