Working Title: Administrative Aid Assistant
Department: Financial Aid
Responsible for advising students and the public regarding financial aid and manages and maintains the records pertaining to financial aid.
Nature of Work:
The Administrative Assistant plays an important and vital role by serving as the receptionist for the office, providing clerical support to all staff and maintaining student files and information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets students calling in person or by telephone; resolves problems when possible, or when necessary refers the caller to appropriate person.
- Updates student information in the financial aid computer system.
- Responds to telephone and mail inquiries concerning financial aid.
- Determines accuracy of certain documents and interpretations of these documents.
- Reports to work as scheduled by immediate supervisor.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Must have knowledge of modern office methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of current institution, state and federal regulations pertaining to the collection, maintenance, and release of information.
- Ability to successfully meet the public; to create a favorable impression; and to establish and maintain effective working relations with other employees.
- Ability to communicate orally, read and perform written and oral instructions, and to establish rapport with students and the general public.
Required Education and/or Experience:
HS diploma required, college preferred with emphasis on business desired; a minimum of two years working experience within an office environment; or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Prior experience with the SCT Banner system preferred.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Financial Aid.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.