Working Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Department: Crisp County Higher Education Center
This is a highly responsible position performing critical tasks for the operation of the Darton College Cordele Center.
Nature of Work:
This is a key position responsible for daily operation, admissions, financial aid, testing, and other duties, in a high-pressure job. This is a decision-making level job.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all of the responsibilities as outlined in the Senior Administrative Assistant Job Description.
- Responsible for opening the Center at 8:00 a.m. Monday through Friday, when the Center is scheduled to be open.
- Responsible for the Cordele Center end of successful delivery of video conferencing classes. Ultimately, this position serves as the main contact for video conferencing faculty and is responsible for the successful delivery of video conferencing classes on a daily basis. When the ITDL student is not available the Senior Administrative Assistant or designee are responsible for: attendance sheets, technology issues, room set-up, handouts, administering tests, and packaging materials that must be returned to the main campus, and assisting students and faculty.
- Responsible for all administrative support activities for the Center, to include but not limited too: ordering and maintenance of supplies for the Center, requisitions, check requests, the collection and review of student time sheets, answering the telephone as indicated in the written phone policy developed for the Center, receipting money, receiving and faxing or logging and preparing for delivery s to the Albany Campus, all student and faculty documents that require such action, report repair and maintenance issues to the Cordele-Crisp Chamber of Commerce, while copying the director, and keeping the Director informed of issues that may impact the Center.
- Serves as the first contact for all walk-in contacts. If they are recruits the written procedure on how to work with recruits should be followed.
- Responsible for student support activities that include, but are not limited to: walk-in recruitment, registration, financial aid assistance, student ID’s, parking decals, and assisting students with solving problems with applications, financial aid, records, adding, dropping and withdrawing, accessing MyDC, and other online resources.
- Responsible for Compass and Regents testing at the Cordele Center. This includes but is not limited to coordinating with the main campus for scheduling and administrating tests and reporting the results.
- Responsible for the coordination with adjunct faculty for textbooks, syllabi, grades, providing a semester guide for faculty with due dates and administrative requirements.
- Responsible for book orders, book returns, and book sales in cooperation with the College Bookstore in Albany.
- Responsible for writing Center Procedures and creating a binder that includes policies and procedures for the Center, subject to the approval of the Center Director.
- Responsible for making sure that the required multimedia technology is set up in classrooms as required by faculty.
- Requires the application of knowledge and skills in the area of application requirements, registration, financial aid, records, compass tests, exit tests, video conferencing, posting of grades, and submitting required paperwork to appropriate areas of the college.
- Responsible for all components necessary to register, add/drop, and change majors, and all other paperwork required for students to attend Darton.
- Some evening and weekend work required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Must be computer literate. Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook.
- Experience using Banner software for registration, financial aid, and admissions inquiries.
- Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication and customer service experience, supplemented with secretarial experience in a varied, complex, office atmosphere.
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal, and academic records, some of which are confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, employees, and students.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree preferred, associate degree required. Two years experience in a post-secondary institution preferred, two years working experience in similar position required.
The Senior Administrative Assistant at the Darton College Cordele Center reports to the Center Director.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.