Working Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Continuing Education & Economic Development
This is a highly responsible clerical position performing a variety of general office tasks for the Division of Continuing Education and Economic Development.
Nature of Work:
The Division of Continuing Education and Economic Development (CE) serves the Southwest Georgia region through public service, lifelong learning education and economic development activities. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support for the Division of Continuing Education team as well as performs varied general office, secretarial, bookkeeping, receptionists, and public relations tasks. It also involves significant interaction with the general public as it relates to day-to-day activities and with faculty, staff, community leaders and government agencies.
This position requires suburb excellent customer service skills, strong salesmanship, excellent written and verbal communication skills, intermediate computer skills as well as the ability to organize and prioritize workload and multi-task with little supervision in an ever changing, fast-paced, multiple priority setting.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represent the Division to the community at large by providing proactive customer service.
- Greet individuals calling in person or by telephone; resolves problems when possible, or when necessary refers the caller to appropriate person.
- Work directly with customers, both internal and external, to answer questions, provide information, promote classes/programs, accept and process registration and payments for continuing education programs and facilities usage.
- Maintain/utilize CE program database (ACEware) for program/class information, registrations, payments, and reports.
- Work directly with director, staff, and/or customers to schedule “CE facilities” to include determining equipment and set-up needs, communicating with appropriate departments, and invoicing accordingly.
- Utilize facility management software, EMS, to schedule “CE facilities”.
- Prepare deposit for fees collected and deposit in correct accounts. Also administer and oversee Division Petty Cash Account.
- Responsible for ordering and payment processing for general office supplies and program/class specific materials.
- Compile, prepare, and maintain Division reports and records.
- Responsible for class/program administration to include audit files, student rosters, waivers, evaluations, student materials, instructor payment agreements, room assignments, audio visual needs, CEU certificates, billing, etc.
- Completes all copying and filing.
- Assists with marketing and promotional efforts including flyer development, website updating, emailing, updating local/Chamber calendars of events, etc.
- Assist with summer camps as needed.
- Process and maintain day-to-day operational needs of the office.
- Administratively support the VP, Director and other members of the CE team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of administrative practices and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and Outlook and various office machines such as photocopier and facsimile.
- Possess effective verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and academic records, some of which are confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, and employees.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work with little supervision in a fast-paced, multiple priority setting.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work flexible hour (nights and weekends).
- Ability to sell classes/programs to the public.
- Ability to learn new software.
- Exceptional customer service skills and follow through.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree preferred; high school diploma required; two years working experience desired in public relations, business or customer related fields.
The Administrative Assistant for the Office of Advancement reports to the Director of Continuing Education and Economic Development.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.