Working Title: Admissions Specialist
Process admission application material.
Nature of Work:
Darton College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is seeking a qualified professional to process new student applications, maintain student data, and provide current, reliable information to students, faculty, staff, and the public regarding admission to Darton College.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Download new student applications and verify each one
- Enter and process admission applications in BANNER and input all appropriate coding for the application
- Determine initial admissions requirements for each student and make sure the admission’s checklist is correct in BANNER
- Send each student their initial letter from Darton College indicating the items required to make their file complete
- Assist with special admission events, programs, and registration
- Correspond with faculty and staff on admissions questions
- Assist in special projects such as compiling information on reports
- Advise prospective students regarding basic admission requirements and procedures
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Excellent communication, organization, and customer service skills required
- Self-motivation, and ability to operate independently required
- Results-oriented work ethic required
- Computer literacy required
- Clear understanding of the benefits of a two-year college education required
- BANNER experience desired
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Completion of two years of college with emphasis in business, education, or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience
The Admissions Specialist reports to the Director of Admissions.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.