Working Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Allied Health
This position involves relatively complex general office duties; maintaining an environment conducive to the work of the office; decision-making based on established policies and procedures; organizing and managing work flow; maintaining records and files; performing other duties as assigned.
Nature of Work:
In this role, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for:
- This position is responsible for all of the responsibilities as outlined in the Administrative Assistant Job Description.
- This position is responsible for assisting the Dean in developing the semester course schedule.
- This position is responsible for collecting book order related data and submitting these data as required.
- This position is responsible for all administrative support activities for the Division.
- This position serves as the first contact for all walk-in contacts.
- This position is responsible for student support activities.
- This position is responsible for completing assignments from the Senior Administrative Assistant as relevant.
- This position is responsible for the relevant communication to assist the completion of tasks involving adjunct faculty.
- This position requires competence be developed in banner and other computer skill areas to assist the smooth operations of the division.
- This position is responsible for directing telephone inquiries and face to face contacts to relevant other parties across the campus to assist customer service.
- This position is responsible for making sure that rooms are re quested and scheduled for adjunct and full-time faculty members to meet program needs.
- This position requires the application of knowledge and skills in the area of program application requirements, registration, financial aid, records, compass tests, exit tests, video conferencing, posting of grades, and submitting required paperwork to appropriate areas of the college.
- The person in this position is responsible for all components necessary to register, add/drop, and change majors, and all other paperwork required for students to attend Darton.
- Other duties as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In addition to the detailed responsibilities above, the Administrative Assistant is responsive to the requests of faculty members assisting the operations of the assigned programs and the division as a whole.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- be able to use computers extensively
- be able to communicate clearly and effectively
Required Education and/or Experience:
A successful candidate will:
- have graduated from high school (college degree preferred)
- preference will be given to an individual with significant administrative assistant experience
The Administrative Assistant is supervised by the Senior Administrative Assistant who reports to the Dean of the Allied Health Division.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.