Working Title: Fieldwork / Clinical Coordinator / Clinical Director - Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
Department: Allied Health
The Fieldwork Coordinator / Clinical Coordinator / Clinical Director `is responsible for the placement of students in clinical learning rotations. In this role, the coordinator is responsible for student recruitment, relevant accreditation compliance, teaching and curriculum development efforts and the overall development of the clinical learning program. The coordinator is responsible for maintaining relevant clinical supervision in collaboration with the other program faculty and the Program Director.
Nature of Work:
- Maintaining office hours.
- Serving on committees.
- Sponsoring activities.
- Advising students.
- Assisting in special activities.
- Student recruitment activities.
- Supervision of clinical personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Fieldwork Coordinator will maintain a full teaching load in the program as well as with relevant allied health divisional teaching responsibilities as assigned.
Those administrative functions should include:
- Planning and developing the program.
- Organizing and administering the clinical program.
- Developing and designing program curriculum.
- Scheduling clinical experiences for academic terms.
- Reviewing the program on continuous basis.
- Evaluating and directing full-time and/or part-time program faculty.
- Developing clinical/professional affiliations.
- Monitoring students at clinic/professional sites.
- Directing clinical affiliations.
- Meeting specific program accreditation standards/essentials.
- Planning, implementing, and monitoring the program budget.
- Performing quality improvement activities to enhance program effectiveness.
- Maintaining current professional credentials.
- Recruiting and retaining students through graduation.
- Perform duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Supervision of clinical learning events.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
The Fieldwork Coordinator/Clinical Director must possess the qualifications and skills necessary to perform the clinical leadership and management functions identified by Darton College as appropriate for this role. This role involves a variety of other professional duties and responsibilities relevant to service at the campus wide level.
Required Education and/or Experience:
The Fieldwork Coordinator/Clinical Director must meet the educational, experience, and credentialing requirements of the relevant accreditation body for the given profession. Clinical and professional experience must be significant enough to meet accreditation requirements.
The Fieldwork Coordinator/Clinical Director is supervised by the Program Director reporting to the Dean of the Allied Health Division.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.