Working Title: Software Support Manager
Nature of Work:
Darton College, a multi-purpose two-year college within the University System of Georgia, is conducting a search for a Software Support Manager. This individual will be responsible for learning enrollment management software (EMAS) package and for coordinating the implementation of EMAS. Candidates should possess strong computer skills, and be willing to learn new software applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Motivating and pulling together Implementation Success Team members from Admissions, OIT, and other offices involved in the implementation process.
- Ensuring timetables and deadlines for completion of items are met.
- Encouraging and facilitating communication between members of the college and the software vender.
- Mediating and assisting in decision-making processes regarding questions raised throughout the implementation process.
- Supervising mail generation.
- Configuring the system and maintaining tables, user ID’s, and field labels.
- Serving as the primary campus communicator with Education Systems, Inc. staff.
- Working closely with OIT to ensure regular data back-ups and other security measures.
- Developing and implementing creative solutions that support the technology needs of the Office of Admissions.
- Additional duties will include developing reports, testing system upgrades, and providing system education training.
- Create, manage and maintain communication plans.
- Providing tech support for the Admissions and Registrars offices.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Strong computer skills required.
- Understanding of goals and objectives of the Enrollment Management Office, and a commitment to working toward them.
- Willingness to learn new skills and software applications.
- Working knowledge of FoxPro and the Microsoft SQL systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience in working with technology in higher education environment preferred.
The Software Support Manager reports to the Assistant Director of Admissions.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.