Working Title: Business Office Supervisor
Department: Business & Financial Services
This position is responsible for the daily financial interaction between the Business Office and our customers whether they be students, parents, faculty or staff.
Nature of Work:
Work involves performing duties which require a working knowledge of accounting procedures and bookkeeping principles. Employees of this class work within established accounting systems and procedures. Work involves the supervision of the Accounts Receivable function and the deposit of all funds received by the Institution into the correct fund and account. This position requires a detailed knowledge of the Agency accounts at the Institution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- May supervise and participate in the work of clerical assistants engaged in recording accounts receivable and receipting cash.
- Posts and balances individual accounts including the agency accounts and the contract accounts in Banner.
- Responsible for billing the appropriate company or government agency with offer tuition assistance for employees.
- Responsible for setting up schedules for registration and scheduling personnel to staff the cashiering windows.
- Responsible to preparing the monthly sales tax report and submitting said report to the proper collection agency.
- Prepares bank deposits, assists with reconciliation of general bank accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping principles and procedures, and a sound understanding of a well defined sub-system within a complex accounting system.
- Considerable knowledge of modern- office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Ability to make complex and varied arithmetic computations and tabulations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from college with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance supplemented by progressively responsible supervisory positions in accounting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
This employee reports to the Assistant Vice President for Business and Financial Services.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.