Working Title: CAPP/Records/VA Coordinator
Department: Records Office
Nature of Work:
Enters a variety of coded data processing information directly into a computer system through a computer terminal according to clearly defined practices and procedures of the specialized area to which assigned. Duties are performed under general supervision and require the exercise of some independent judgment and basic clerical decision-making within established guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the processing and maintenance of student records.
- Provides current reliable information to students, faculty, staff and the public.
- This person is responsible for the maintaining CAPP and works closely with the OIT office and the Academic Affairs office to ensure all CAPP information is accurate and updated.
- Responsible for graduation audits, maintaining graduation database, graduate mailings, honor graduates, graduates line up during graduation, coordinating cap/gowns with the bookstore, providing graduate list, graduation photographer, verifying degrees, and diplomas.
- Responsible for assisting with the processing of records and forms such as: students registration forms, change of major forms, adding/dropping classes, grade changes, test scores and other personal and academic information pertaining to student records.
- Responsible for entering course substitution forms.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all VA through VA-ONCE.
- Responsible for assisting with transfer articulation during peak times.
- This person is responsible for assisting with the front counter and the main phone during peak times.
- Perform related clerical functions as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of Banner system preferred.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies, or procedures of the unit to which assigned and of terminal entry procedures.
- Skill in entering or retrieving information by use of computer terminal.
- Ability to handle complex clerical assignments to completion, recognizing obvious clerical errors and omissions.
- Ability to type accurately from plain copy at the rate of 40 words per minute.
- Ability to make moderately complex arithmetical computations.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Graduation from a standard high school and completion of a two years of college with an emphasis in business, education or related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Typing Skill: 40 words per minute.
The CAPP/Records/VA Coordinator reports to the Registrar.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.