Working Title: Data Entry Clerk/File Clerk
Department: Records Office
Nature of Work:
Enters a variety of coded data processing information directly into a computer system through a computer terminal according to clearly defined practices and procedures of the specialized area to which assigned. Duties are performed under general supervision and require the exercise of some independent judgment and basic clerical decision-making within established guidelines. A tremendous amount of filing is also required of this job.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enters a variety of course information into the Banner system.
- Responsible for filing most of the paperwork for the office.
- Uses many banner screens to assist in finding students’ files.
- Responsible for yearly retention procedures.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of Banner system preferred
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from a standard high school.
- Technical institute diploma or associates degree preferred.
- Typing and computer experience required.
The Data Entry Clerk/File Clerk reports to the Registrar
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.