Working Title: Registrar
Department: Records Office
Nature of Work:
Provides indispensable services to the students and faculty and maintains timely and accurate records of the academic progress and accomplishments of its students. It is the Registrar’s Office to obligation to inform students of their rights, responsibilities, and procedures so that they may proceed toward their academic goals without undue administrative interference. The Registrar manages the day-to-day activities of the office; including Records, Articulation, and Evaluations. The Registrar is the principle point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external student records constituencies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the processing and maintenance of student records and its personnel.
- Responsible for the coordination of graduation with the assistance of Plant Operations, ITDL, Food Services, Security and the bookstore.
- Works closely with the OIT and Academic Affairs Office with the registration process.
- Responsible for part of term maintenance in the banner system.
- Processes all residency petitions and maintains waivers each semester.
- Works closely with the Academic Appeals Committee and process all changes, including all academic renewals, grade changes, and extra learning support attempts.
- Assist the Athletic Department with all athletic eligibility.
- Approves all transient permission letters.
- Oversees and assist with the awarding of degrees.
- Works closely with the deans and the faculty with the deliverance of enrollment verifications, class attendance and grades submittal.
- Works closely with financial aid, business office and OIT offices with the fees process, hold process and purge process.
- Performs end of term processing consisting of audit reports, suspensions, and suspension letters.
- Responsible for banner training for all new faculty.
- Approves all banner access forms (pertaining to student records)
- Works closely with the Admissions Office, OIT office and the system with enrollment reports and data clean up.
- Notifies all students of registration through website updates and mailings.
- Oversees the assignment of advisors for all students.
- Responsible for office supplies and managing the department budget and making recommendations for future budgetary needs.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of Banner system preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision, and team-building skills and experience
- Able to lead cross functional positions to meet short and long term goals and assignments.
- Ability to assess operational needs and priorities and negotiate effectively with others to resolve conflicts. Ability to quickly develop and implement solutions to best serve the campus as a whole.
- Ability to interpret and implement new academic policy.
- Strong computer and analytical skills in the use of Microsoft Office.
Required Education and/or Experience:
This position requires a Master’s level degree, preferably in education or public administration and a minimum of 4 years experience in registrar’s office or related field.
The Registrar reports to the Vice President of Student Affairs.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.