Working Title: File Clerk
The general clerical work in the filing of purchasing documents and other general clerical duties.
Nature of Work:
Work involves general clerical duties in the filing of purchasing documents under the general supervision of an administrative superior.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains purchase order files.
- Collects and sorts mail.
- Corresponds with vendors regarding business information including Federal Employment Identification Numbers (FEIN), business addresses, and company phone numbers.
- Faxes open order Purchase Orders.
- Performs other computer operations as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of filing methods and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with college employees and vendors.
- Skill in the operation of office machines and computers.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral or written instructions.
- Ability to work and perform assignments with little or no supervision.
- Good telephone voice and manners.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from high school, including courses in typing and general business.
- Experience in operation of personal computers.
- Typing Skill: 35 words per minute
This position reports to the Purchasing Supervisor.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.