Working Title: Custodian I
Department: Plant Operations
Providing custodial care for the College’s buildings and facilities.
Nature of Work:
The employee learns proper methods and procedures for performing custodial duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains the appearance of offices, classrooms, hallways, laboratories, lobbies, lounges, elevators, stairways and restrooms by performing housekeeping duties such as dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and removal of trash.
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces and trims.
- Washes walls and woodwork; washes windows, door panels and sills.
- Sweeps, vacuums, dust mops, wet mops, scrubs, strips, restores buff and wax floors.
- Restocks supply closets and restrooms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of the operation and use of equipment and tools used in the care and cleaning of buildings preferred.
- Some knowledge of custodial services practices, techniques, and procedures preferred.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting when required (approximately 30 – 50lbs.)
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Six months experience working in an institutional, industrial or commercial setting preferred.
This position reports to the Director of Plant Operations.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.