Working Title: Assistant Grounds Superintendent
Department: Plant Operations
Functions as a lead worker for a small group of grounds keeping employees; performs grounds keeping and landscape maintenance duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides care of campus grounds including mowing lawns, watering flowers and shrubbery, trimming trees and bushes, ect.
- Walks area of campus, collecting and removing trash from campus grounds.
- Plants trees, flowers and bushes; rakes and bags leaves.
- Spray lawn, shrubs, and trees with fertilizer, herbicides, and insecticides.
- Operates ground keeping and maintenance equipment, such as lawn mower, trimmer, and pressure washers for cleaning of campus fountain, outdoor furniture and other campus areas.
- Performs maintenance on grounds keeping and/or landscaping equipment, such as lawn mower and spreader equipment.
- Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools and shears.
- Assists with plant set-ups in designed areas for special meetings and events.
- Assists in inclement weather duties such as clearing of sidewalks and parking lots, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of proper landscaping methods, practices and equipment.
- Knowledge of the proper care of plants, trees, shrubbery, and grasses.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. or more.
- Ability to follow oral/written instructions.
- Ability to operate hand tools and equipment used in grounds keeping such as lawn mower, weed eater, shears, trimmers, ect.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- One year grounds keeping experience.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- Landscaping experience, especially in large-scale landscaping, preferred.
- Vocational training in horticulture or a related field preferred.
- Valid GA Category 24 Pesticide License.
This position reports to the Director of Plant Operations.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.