Working Title: Construction Project Coordinator
Department: Plant Operations
Provides the coordination or programming, design, estimation and construction of multiple renovations, constructions, and maintenance capital projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the preparation and submission of cost estimates, designs, and construction progress reports.
- Attends and participates in pre and post construction meetings and schedules.
- Provides oversight over inspection, design, and cost estimation services.
- Coordinates compliance with building and safety codes.
- Coordinates multiple projects with design and construction department with external consultants.
- Performs carpentry work, plumbing, mixes and pours concrete for foundations for buildings.
- Provides other inspection related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local compliance codes.
- Knowledge in interpreting and evaluating engineering drawings, building systems and maintenance.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. or more.
- Ability to follow oral/written instructions.
- Ability to operate hand tools and equipment
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects and perform life activities (climbing, walking, and entering non-confined areas).
- Ability to communicate with external internal customers.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience; or a combination of education and experience.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License.
This position reports to the Director of Plant Operations.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.