Working Title: Custodial Team Leader
Department: Plant Operations
Function as a team leader for custodial services for the College’s buildings and facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares, organizes and delegates work assignments for subordinates. Ensures that cleaning request are completed properly.
- Provides training for subordinates in proper custodial methods and procedures as needed.
- Assist to staffing and personnel issues: assists with addressing attendance and tardiness problems, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Inspects facilities and furnishings for needed cleaning/repair; inspects work of subordinates, makes corrections as needed.
- Responds to custodial emergencies as needed.
- Performs cleaning duties for absent co-workers
- Performs other related duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of proper custodial services practices, techniques, and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of campus (building and facilities) and custodial requirements or needs.
- Considerable knowledge of the operation and use of equipment, tools and supplies used in building maintenance.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting when required (approximately 30 – 50lbs.)
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to supervise others.
Required Education and/or Experience:
Six months experience working in an institutional, industrial or commercial setting preferred.
This position reports to the Director of Plant Operations.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.