Working Title: Utility Worker I
Department: Plant Operations
Entry level duties that involve the moving, delivery or assembly of items on campus property. Items may include furniture, equipment, supplies, trash, recyclable materials, displays and mailings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in special projects, such as graduation by setting up and moving furniture.
- Performs light carpentry work such as repairs to bookshelves, bookcases, etc.
- Operates heavy machinery such as forklift, tractor, etc.
- Installs repairs and services lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Block and brick laying
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in HVAC and heating.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry or other related trades.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. or more.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual tasks.
- Ability to operate hand tools and equipment used in HVAC and heating and plumbing field, such as jacks, meters, wrenches, ect.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- One year experience in plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, electrical trade area.
- Technical or vocational degree in plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, or electrical trade area.
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.