Working Title: Assistant Baseball Coach
Department: Physical Education
This is a highly responsible coaching position performing a variety of general coaching tasks for the Baseball program.
Nature of Work:
The Assistant Baseball Coach plays an important role in the administration of the baseball program by providing coaching and administrative support in areas including but not limited to recruiting, practice, games, academics, fundraising, travel and discipline of student athletes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Head Coach with all phases of the program including
- assisting with recruiting quality student-athletes
- committing to and monitoring student-athlete academic progress
- organizing and supervising all practices and games
- assisting with budgeting and planning team travel
- participating in community fundraising efforts and public relations
- An enthusiastic commitment to the Baseball Program
- A team player bringing value to the College’s overall intercollegiate athletic program
- Provide leadership and general team management in the areas of student athlete scholarships, practicing, recruiting, scouting, and player skill development.
- Commitment to comply with all policies and regulations governing the National Junior College Athletic Association, Georgia Junior College Athletic Association, and Darton College, and the Athletic Department.
- Oversee academic advising, serve as student athlete advisor, and monitor academic progress.
- Develop and maintain effective interaction with the College’s constituents.
- Organize and conduct youth baseball camps.
- Assist in the maintenance of the College’s athletic facilities (buildings and grounds)
- Assist the Athletic Department by regularly providing data and information to the Sports Information Director
- Assist the Athletic Department in fund raising
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of coaching baseball including games, practices, strength/conditioning, and recruiting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, computer use and other software needed for the College’s Intercollegiate Athletic Program.
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and academic records, some of which are confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with athletic officials and all College’s constituents
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters preferred
- A Masters Degree with 18 Graduate Hours in an Academic Discipline Offered by the College (May be assigned a faculty position in an Academic Division) a Plus.
- Prior successful baseball coaching experience desired.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Possess or be eligible and have the ability to obtain a Class B passenger commercial driver’s license.
The Assistant Baseball Coach reports to the Head Baseball Coach.
Contacts: Robbin Burriss
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.