Medical Surgical Nursing Faculty Position
Temporary Position Columbus, GA
Job Search Closed
Posted: July 03, 2012
Edited: August 03, 2012
Darton College is a progressive, rapidly growing State College within the State of Georgia.†The main campus is located in the major city of Albany, with five satellite higher education centers in the state.
Darton College, one of the newest State Colleges within the University System of Georgia (USG) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Baccalaureate and Associate degrees and certificates. The Commission on Colleges has classified Darton College as a Level II Institution.†Darton recruits both nationally and internationally. Opened in 1966, Darton College has experienced a growth rate of over 93% since 2001 and currently enrolls over 6,100 students in Baccalaureate, transfer, two-year associate degree programs and one-year career certificate programs.†Darton College also offers a comprehensive continuing education program.
- Actively recruit students
- Advise an assigned group of students
- Assist in the collegeís research efforts
- Continue professional growth and development
- Counsel nursing students on academic matters.
- Develop new and innovative teaching methods and resources.
- Engage in scholarship or creative activity that attracts outside funding in the form of fellowships, grants, exhibits, and similar kinds of support
- Establish a record of scholarly work such as research, publications, presentations, continuing education, leadership, and site visits
- Mentor nursing students.
- Participate in community service activities.
- Participate in division and college committees and projects
- Participate in program planning and development.
- Participate in the divisionís Scholarship Fund Raising activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Teach in the classroom, online, and in clinical areas.
- Teaching at off-campus sites
- Required:†Master's degree in nursing, Preferred: Doctorate in nursing.
- Current Georgia Nursing License in good standing.
- Summer teaching for additional compensation is determined by enrollment.
- Salary will depend upon experience and education.
- Faculty receive all benefits provided by the University System of Georgia, including hospital and
- Major medical insurance, group life insurance, a retirement plan, Social Security, liability insurance, and Workmanís Compensation.
A complete application must include:
- A current vitae/resume
- Letter of application addressing above responsibilities and qualifications
- A Statement of Philosophy reflecting the applicantís commitment to the two-year community college.
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three current references sent.
- Unofficial transcripts of all college work.†(Official transcripts with college/university seal will be required prior to employment.)
- Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation.
An on-campus interview will be required prior to an official offer of the position. Position open until filled.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Contacts: Gulma Heflin or Robbin Burriss (Staff), Beth Tison or Barbara Blackburn (Faculty)
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.