Medical Surgical Nursing
Faculty Position Open
Posted: August 09, 2012
Darton College invites nominations and applications for an Instructor of Nursing. The NLN accredited, associate degree program currently consists of twenty-three faculty and approximately 450 students.
- Teach in the classroom and clinical areas.
- Develop new and innovative teaching strategies.
- Participate in program planning and development.
- Counsel nursing students on academic matters.
- Serve on college committees.
- Participate in community service activities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Required: Master's degree in nursing.
- Current Georgia Nursing License in good standing.
- Position is available immediately.
- Summer teaching for additional compensation is determined by enrollment.
- Salary will depend upon experience and education.
- Faculty receive all benefits provided by the University System of Georgia, including hospital and major medical insurance, group life insurance, a retirement plan, Social Security, liability insurance, and Workman’s Compensation.
A complete application must include:
- A current vitae/resume
- Letter of application addressing above responsibilities and qualifications
- A Statement of Philosophy reflecting the applicant’s commitment to the two-year community college.
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three current references sent.
- Unofficial transcripts of all college work. (Official transcripts with college/university seal will be required prior to employment.)
- Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation.
An on-campus interview will be required prior to an official offer of the position. Position is open until filled.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Contacts: Gulma Heflin or Robbin Burriss (Staff), Beth Tison or Barbara Blackburn (Faculty)
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.