Facility Manager/Assistant Coach
Job Search Closed
Posted: January 04, 2013
Edited: January 15, 2013
Darton State College is seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable, energetic, and organized individual for a full-time position as Facility Manager and Assistant Coach of an assigned sport.
The Darton State College Athletic Department is one of the most comprehensive and successful two year collegiate athletic programs in the southeastern United States. The Cavaliers have won multiple NJCAA National Championships, Region Championships, Conference Championships, Academic Team of the Year honors, All American and Academic All American awards.
Darton's Physical Education / Athletic / Wellness Complex includes over 100,000 square feet of state of the art venues for teaching, athletics and wellness programming. The complex includes Recreation Gym, Cavalier Arena, Fitness Center, Aerobics/Dance Studio, Natatorium, indoor walking track, and classrooms. Additional outdoor facilities include Cavalier baseball complex, tennis facility, softball field, climbing tower and wall, two soccer fields, outdoor volleyball courts, and activity fields.
This position will assist with the daily management, operation, and monitoring of Darton College’s Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex as well as serves as an assistant coach in an assigned area.
Nature of Work:
This is a highly visible position and requires strong organizational, communication, management, and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on facility management and coaching. The position will provide administrative support in areas including facility management, recruiting, practice and game management, academic oversight, fundraising, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists Physical Education and Athletic Department with the scheduling and monitoring of the Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex.
- Oversees programs and events located in Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex.
- Supervises selected student staff assigned to the Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex.
- Collects and deposits funds from revenue-producing activities and events.
- Facilitates and works with internal and external users of the Physical Education/Athletics/Wellness Complex.
- Assists with assigned program recruitment.
- Assist with monitoring academic progress.
- Assist with practice and game management.
- Assist with fundraising efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Abilities & Skills:
- Knowledge of event and facility management.
- Knowledge of assigned sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Considerable knowledge of Microsoft Office software Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to maintain administrative, fiscal and academic records, some of which are confidential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with institution officials, administrators, and employees.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Two-year associate degree required.
- Four year degree in Physical Education preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
This position reports to the Dean of Physical Education/Athletics.
A Complete Application Must Include:
- A current resume.
- Letter of application addressing the above responsibilities and qualifications.
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three current references.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts for application. Official transcripts of all college work required prior to employment.
- An on-campus interview will be required prior to an official offer of the position.
- Finalists will be required to submit to a background investigation.
Review of applications begins immediately.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Contacts: Gulma Heflin or Robbin Burriss (Staff), Beth Tison or Barbara Blackburn (Faculty)
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.