Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Search Closed
Posted: March 14, 2013
Edited: March 26, 2013
This is a responsible position for a person who is a motivated self-starter and can work independently. This administrative assistant reports directly to the Grants Director. This position requires strong communications skills, advanced level computer skills, and strong organizational skills. This candidate must be able to interact professionally and effectively with students, staff, faculty, and with visitors to the College.
- Screen and handle telephone and email requests for information from faculty, staff, students, and community in a professional manner
- Assist students
- Generate correspondence
- Handle multiple, diverse office tasks
- Schedule meetings
- Maintain files
- Create and update spreadsheets
- Search Web for information on diverse topics
- AA Degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Demonstrated self motivator with the ability to work with little supervision
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and to meet deadlines
- Ability to provide recommendations and effectively communicate updates to others
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook with ability to learn new software easily
- Ability to use the Web and Web browsers with ease
- Typing skills of 35 wpm
- Bachelors degree
- Ability to create and update databases using Microsoft Access
- Ability to update web pages
A complete application must include:
- A current resume
- Letter of application addressing the above responsibilities and qualifications
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three current professional references
- Finalists will be required to take a timed writing and computer performance test.
- Final candidate will be required to submit to a background investigation.
Review of applications begins immediately.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
Contacts: Gulma Heflin or Robbin Burriss (Staff), Beth Tison or Barbara Blackburn (Faculty)
Any corrections/updates to information listed on these pages are required to go through the contacts listed above.