Skip Navigation

Darton State College

Darton State College

Home  » International Student Services

International Student Program

Get Adobe Flash player Please upgrade your Flash® Player to view this content. Click here to install.

"How do I apply?"

Admission Criteria

This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.

APPLICATION DEADLINES (for students who require student visas)

Fall Semester ... July 1st
Spring Semester ... November 15th

*Students who are required to apply for student visas at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in their home country must apply before the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will be considered the following semester.

*Students who are already in the U.S. may continue to apply after the deadline dates.

□ Application: F-1 international students must submit a Darton Application and an International Application

Complete both application forms and mail to:

Office of International Admissions
Darton College
2400 Gillionville Road
Albany, Georgia 31707-3098 U.S.A.
Phone (229) 317-6924

Click here to request an application.

OR Click here to apply on-line

OR Click here to download Darton application form

Click here to download International application form

□ Application Fee

Send a non-refundable application fee of $20 (U.S.), made payable to Darton State College, with the applications for admission. ($25 if applying online) The application fee can be paid by credit card, by an electronic check drawn on a U.S. bank, or with a bank draft or money order, payable in U.S. dollars to Darton State College. Applications will not be processed without the application fee.

□ Transcripts

Request official copies of your high school, secondary school, and post-secondary school records to be sent directly to the Office of International Admissions. Any non-American style transcript needs to be translated into English and evaluated by a credential evaluation service. In lieu of high school graduation, a GED with satisfactory scores is acceptable.

□ Test Scores

TOEFL Exam- Students whose first language is not English or who have not studied exclusively in English, will need to send official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), with a minimum score of 480 on the written test, 157 on the computer-based test, or 54 on the internet-based test must be sent to the Office of Admissions. (Please use TOEFL Institution Code 5026 for Darton College.) Students may submit satisfactory SAT or ACT test results [minimum 330 critical reading (12 English ACT) and 310 math (14 math ACT)] in lieu of the TOEFL.

Students who completed the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in lieu of the TOEFL may submit their IELTS scores. The minimum IELTS score is Band 5.

TOEFL Exemptions: Countries & Territories considered primarily English speaking: Anguilla, Antigua, Australia, Barbados, Bermuda, Bahamas, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Canada (except Québec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Nevis & St. Kitts, South Africa, St. Vincent, Trinidad & Tobago, Turks & Caicos, United Kingdom ( England, Scotland, Northern Ireland & Wales), & the United States., OR if you have had college level English with grade of “C” or higher that transferred in from an accredited US post secondary institution.

Darton College Men's Cross Country TeamSAT/ACT Exam- International students whose first language is English or who studied exclusively in English, must submit a letter from High School principal verifying English language proficiency. Students who are unable to submit TOEFL results may submit ACT/SAT English results instead. If you have not taken these tests, you may schedule to take the ACT on campus before class registration. [minimum 330 critical reading (12 English ACT) and 310 math (14 math ACT). You will need to arrive three weeks prior to class registration start date if you need to take COMPASS and ACT tests.

IELTS test scores are also accepted to demonstrate English proficiency. A combined minimum score of 5 is required.

□ Immunization Records

Send health care provider-validated immunization record (with certified English translation if necessary) to the Office of International Admissions. Students will need the following immunizations proven: Measles, Mumps, and Rubella 1&2, Tetanus & Diphtheria, Varicella (if born after 1980), and Hepatitis B (if under 18 years old). Click here to download Certificate of Immunization form.

□ Financial Support

International students must provide documentation that they have sufficient resources to cover tuition, room and board, health insurance and other living expenses before receiving an I-20. Send an OFFICIAL letter from the bank stating a dollar amount of readily available deposits, in U.S. currency, to the Office of International Admissions. If the bank statement is not in the student’s name, a financial support affidavit must be provided and signed by the sponsor along with the sponsors contact information. The cost of attendance for 2010-2011 (Fall & Spring) is $19,083. If you are planning to bring dependents, please add $4,500 for spouse and $2,500 for each child (per 9 months).

□ Immigration Documents

For out of country F-1 students - Upon entry into the U.S., bring your I-20, passport with student visa, and I-94 card to International Student Office for copying.

For F-1 students transferring from another college or university in the U.S. - Send I-20 from your current school, passport with student visa, and I-94 card front and back, and completed Transfer Clearance Form from current school to International Student Office.

  1. Non-immigrant visa holders – a notarized copy of the front and back of your I-94, your passport bio page, and your visa.

  2. Permanent Residents – a notarized copy of your Permanent Resident card (green card).

  3. Applicants for Permanent Residency – notarized photocopies of your passport bio page, and any two of the following documents:

    • Your I-94 card

    • Your valid EAD card

    • Any notices of action from the INS (less than 6 months old)

    • A letter from the lawyer (if applicable) who filed your application for permanent residency. The letter should state the current status of your application

  4. Asylees and Refugees – notarized photocopies of your passport bio page, your I-94 and/or passport stamp authorizing asylum or refugee status, your passport bio page, your EAD card (if available), and any other documents you may have received from the INS.

Responsible Department: International Student Program
Content Contact: Cortney L. Dowdle (web representative)
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.