Darton State College Health Sciences Department | Emergency Medical Services - Admissions
Emergency Medical Services
Complete the Darton State College Enrollment Process
- Admit/Re-admit application
- Official transcripts
- ACT Compass® exam (may be exempt)
- Darton State College immunization form
- Federal Aid application
Complete the Darton State College EMS Program Application Process
Additional Admission Requirements:
- Complete the EMS Program Student Applicant Assessment
- Copy of Driver’s license
- Copy of your high school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- Letter of recommendation (optional, but may be taken into consideration during the selection process) i.e. Fire Chief, Supervisor, EMS Director, Paramedic, or other healthcare professional
- Verification of EMT certification. (Paramedic candidates only)
- Evaluation on an individual basis by the EMS faculty
- To comply with the requirements of cooperating clinical facilities, the Allied Health Division requires students to submit a completed immunization form and TB screening form. These forms must be completed before clinical rotations commence.
- To satisfactory complete all levels of certification, the student must have developed the necessary skills to become an entry level practitioner according to his/her level of training. The examples below are not all inclusive and additional disabilities that prove to prevent the performance of essential job functions may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Visual acuity
- Speaking ability
- Auditory acuity
- Manual dexterity
- Physical ability
- Manage stress
The Health Sciences department is responsible for the information on this page.
To inquire about the Emergency Medical Services program, please contact Email: Patricia Hotz or Email: Rhonda Hunt.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Email: Elaine Hambric.
Last Update: June 20, 2016 5:35 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.