Darton State College Health Sciences Division | Emergency Medical Services - Admissions
Emergency Medical Services
Complete the Darton State College Enrollment Process
- Admit/Re-admit application
- Official transcripts
- COMPASS exam (may be exempt)
- Darton State College immunization form
- Federal Aid application
Complete the Darton State College EMS Program Application Process
Additional Admission Requirements:
- Complete the EMS Program Student Applicant Assessment
- Copy of Driver’s license
- Copy of your high school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- Letter of recommendation (optional, but may be taken into consideration during the selection process) i.e. Fire Chief, Supervisor, EMS Director, Paramedic, or other healthcare professional
- Verification of EMT certification. (Paramedic candidates only)
- Evaluation on an individual basis by the EMS faculty
- To comply with the requirements of cooperating clinical facilities, the Allied Health Division requires students to submit a completed immunization form and TB screening form. These forms must be completed before clinical rotations commence.
- To satisfactory complete all levels of certification, the student must have developed the necessary skills to become an entry level practitioner according to his/her level of training. The examples below are not all inclusive and additional disabilities that prove to prevent the performance of essential job functions may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Visual acuity
- Speaking ability
- Auditory acuity
- Manual dexterity
- Physical ability
- Manage stress
The Health Sciences division is responsible for the information on this page.
To inquire about the Emergency Medical Services program, please contact Jim McPherson, Patricia Hotz, or Thad Minick.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Dr. Kerri Johnson.
Last Update: July 30, 2015 12:49 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.