Occupational Therapy Assistant
THE OTA core curriculum begins each Fall Semester. The deadline for submission of completed application packets is June 1st. In order to be considered for program admission, the applicant must:
- be admitted to Darton State College,
- complete a handwritten essay entitled "Why I have Chosen a Career as an Occupational Therapy Assistant",
- complete the OTA program application form,
- have documentation of 40 hours total of observation experience in two distinctly different occupational therapy treatment settings,
- complete all Learning Support courses, and
- complete the 30 prerequisite hours with a 2.5 (C) or better in each course by the end of the Summer Semester.
Selection criteria include: essay, ratings on completed Documentation of Experience Form, completion of prerequisite courses and GPA. Using the submitted application material, the Occupational Therapy Assistant Selection Committee determines a ranking of candidates. Offers of acceptance will be made to the highest-ranking applicants. Candidates wishing to be reconsidered for a subsequent class must submit a new application packet.