Mission Statement and Goals
The mission of the Radiologic Science Program at Darton State College is to graduate competent, capable and adaptable entry-level radiologic technologists who possess appropriate levels of skill, professionalism, and compassion with a commitment to the highest quality patient care.
Program Goals with Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
- GOAL 1: Students will demonstrate professionalism.
- SLO: Students will demonstrate professional behavior in the clinical setting.
SLO: Students will explain the importance of continued education.
- GOAL 2: Students will demonstrate proper communication skills.
- SLO: Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
SLO: Students will demonstrate oral communication skills.
- GOAL 3: Students will demonstrate critical thinking capabilities.
- SLO: Students will adjust procedures for non-routine exams.
SLO: Students will accurately critique images for diagnostic quality.
- GOAL 4: Students will demonstrate competence in the clinical setting.
- SLO: Students will demonstrate knowledge of positioning skills.
SLO: Students will use appropriate technical factors.
SLO: Students will practice radiation protection.
Program Effectiveness Measures
- Graduates will pass the ARRT exam on the first attempt.
- Students will complete the program.
- Graduates will find employment within 6 months of graduation.
- Graduates will express satisfaction with the program.
- Employers will express satisfaction with the program.
**Program effectiveness measures and program performance can be found under the Student Link navigation tool on JRCERT’s web page: www.jrcert.org.