Darton State College Health Sciences Department | Respiratory Care - Additional Fees & Costs
Respiratory Care (0366)
Additional Fees & Costs
- Professional liability insurance is required prior to clinical assignment. Fees are assessed annually in the spring as part of the students Tuition and Fees.
- Students are required to complete a series of Hepatitis B vaccinations. A series of at least 3 shots are required. Costs will vary depending on the student’s choice of provider. Students must have completed at least the first 2 shots of the series prior to clinical assignment. See the program handbook for more information.
- Students are required to take a comprehensive self-assessment exam in their final semester. Fees for this exam are assessed in the final semester.
- Students are required to have approved uniforms, shoes, lab coat, stethoscope, and a watch capable of reading seconds.
- Students will complete American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP courses as they progress through the program. Fees for these courses are assessed as required. See the program handbook for more information.
- Student membership in the American association for Respiratory Care is strongly recommended. Student membership fees are $50.00
- Students will be required to undergo a criminal background check before clinical assignment. Darton College uses a company called PreCheck for this purpose. Fees for this background check are assessed during the first semester of the professional curriculum.
- Students will be required to complete a drug screen prior to clinical assignment. The Respiratory program currently uses Doctors Lab for this purpose. Students will be required to pay for and complete this drug screen before attending any clinical rotations.
- Students will be required to be fingerprinted prior to clinical assignment. Students may be fingerprinted at their local county Sheriff’s office usually for a relatively small fee.
- Students must be prepared to travel to out of town clinical assignments. These are not optional and the student is responsible for the costs of travel to these out of town facilities. See the program handbook for more information.
The Health Sciences department is responsible for the information on this page.
To inquire about the Respiratory Care program, please contact Email: Allethea Brooks.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Email: Elaine Hambric.
Last Update: July 13, 2016 5:15 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.