Darton State College
What is it?
- Associates of Applied Science in Management (0351): The Associates Degree program in Management is designed to prepare the students for employment in a wide variety of business enterprises, ranging from industrial and commercial settings to retail, information, and services industries. The student will develop a thorough understanding of the management and skills necessary to be successful in today’s competitive work environment. This program emphasizes both management and marketing disciplines. This program is no longer accepting new students. If you are currently enrolled in it, you should plan on completing it by May 2014. If you have any questions please talk to your advisor or contact the Business Division at (229) 317-7001.
- Management Certificates: These programs are best suited for those people who are seeking to gain or enhance their skills in the disciplines of Management and Marketing.
It is highly recommended that students plan on getting a four-year degree, if they do not already have one in another discipline, to stay competitive in the job market. Please refer to “What Can I do with it?” section about the transferability of these courses to a four-year institution.
- The following management certificate programs are designed to prepare students for work in the shortest time possible.
- General Management Certificate
- Management and Marketing
- Small Business Management Option - The Small Business Management Certificate program is designed to provide basic knowledge and hands-on skills to those individuals interested in starting their own business. This program has two mandatory internship classes that would provide the opportunity to test your entrepreneurial skills in a real world business situation.
- Women’s Leadership and Management Certificate -This program is designed to enhance opportunities for women in the workforce or women desiring entry into the workforce. The program offers flexibility in the selection of courses thereby addressing the needs of and providing learning opportunities for women at all levels of employment. A Certificate is awarded upon program completion.
What can I do with it?
- Obtain a four-year business degree: Some of the courses taken in these programs may not transfer to other four-year institutions. Please work with your academic advisor to determine what courses are most appropriate for the four-year institution you are planning to transfer to.
- Enhance Your Skills: If you already have a bachelor’s degree in some other discipline, these programs will help you enhance you understanding of management and marketing disciplines.
What courses do I take?