Darton State College Humanities Department | Theatre
A Scene from Midsummer Night's Dream
In the Associate’s Degree Program
in THEATRE you will:
- PRODUCE The Department of Theatre produces two faculty-directed shows and two student-produced shows a year.
- PERFORM in a 400 seat proscenium theatre with recently upgraded lighting, a sound and lighting booth, two dressing rooms; scene shops; and “greenroom."
- CONNECT with students and faculty from institutions around the state and the region. Students audition for transfer to four year schools at the Georgia Theatre Conference. The fall production of the year is entered as an Associate Production with Region 4 of The Kennedy Center/American College Theatre festival with student actors and designers eligible for scholarship and award nominations.
- REALIZE your potential in small classes with easy transferability to schools in the University System. In addition, you will receive hands-on experience as an actor, designer, and/or theatre technician right from the start!
- JOIN recent graduates who are currently finishing their Bachelor’s degrees in Theatre at UGA, Georgia Southern, SCAD, Columbus State and Full Sail with the ground work for excellence laid right here at Darton College.
The Humanities department is responsible for the information on this page.
To inquire about the Theatre program, please contact Deborah Lissgreen.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact George Carter.
Last Update: May 3, 2016 4:22 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.