A Scene from Midsummer Night's Dream
Elizabeth Perkins, Dean
In the Associate’s Degree Program
in THEATRE you will:
- PRODUCE The Department of Theatre produces two faculty-directed shows and two student-produced shows a year.
- PERFORM in a 400 seat proscenium theatre with recently upgraded lighting, a sound and lighting booth, two dressing rooms; scene shops; and “greenroom."
- LEARN The Department’s courses are taught by Deborah Liss-Green. Trained as an actor in New York City at HB Studio and The Stella Adler Studio, and with an M.F.A. in Acting from Brooklyn College of the City University of New York, Deborah has over twenty years of acting, directing, and teaching experience. Ms. Liss-Green is committed to developing the whole theatre artist in her students by providing opportunities for creative, scholarly and technical growth. Ms. Liss-Green won a 2011 Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival Excellence in Directing Award for Darton College’s recent production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- CONNECT with students and faculty from institutions around the state and the region. Students audition for transfer to four year schools at the Georgia Theatre Conference. The fall production of the year is entered as an Associate Production with Region 4 of The Kennedy Center/American College Theatre festival with student actors and designers eligible for scholarship and award nominations.
- REALIZE your potential in small classes with easy transferability to schools in the University System. In addition, you will receive hands-on experience as an actor, designer, and/or theatre technician right from the start!
- JOIN recent graduates who are currently finishing their Bachelor’s degrees in Theatre at UGA, Georgia Southern, SCAD, Columbus State and Full Sail with the ground work for excellence laid right here at Darton College.