What is it?
Criminal Justice: A career in criminal justice is one of today’s most challenging and exciting opportunities. Graduates can enjoy a variety of employment opportunities that provide unique day-to-day work experiences. The criminal justice fields are demanding better trained and educated personnel. Careers are available in a variety of areas, and Darton College’s criminal justice program prepares students for careers in all three major areas of the system – law enforcement, courts, and corrections – as well as for transfer to a baccalaureate institution.
Students can now earn the Associate of Science degree in Criminal Justice online. This exciting opportunity allows students to earn a college degree in criminal justice by taking classes that fit their schedule. Darton’s online courses will provide the same quality of instruction that students find in our classrooms. Students can pursue online criminal justice courses as well as many online general education courses leading toward the associate degree. Students can also apply for admission and financial aid, register, pay fees, and purchase books completely online.
What can I do with it?
- Criminal Justice job opportunities
- Criminal Justice Careers reviews over 80 careers in the criminal justice field including job descriptions and hiring outlook for each. The site includes interviews with professionals including Sheriffs, Police Chiefs, FBI analysts, Forensic Scientists and others along with related career news, blogs and other resources.
What classes do I take?
- Criminal Justice Associates of Science (0019)
- Criminal Justice Management (4586)
- Criminal Justice Technology (0591) - Notice: No new students are being accepted into this program. Students currently enrolled in this program should contact their advisor.
- Please refer to the Darton State College Catalog for descriptions of individual courses.
For more information:
Dean of Social Science