Darton State College Social Science Division | Addiction Counseling Certificate Program
What is it?
Addiction Counseling Program
CAC II Information and Requirements
The Addiction Counseling certificate program consists of six Georgia Addiction Counselors' Association (GACA) approved courses that total to 270 clock hours of academic instruction. Students who complete this certificate program will meet the academic training requirement at the CAC-II level for certification in addiction counseling. The six courses will be taught over a period of three semesters with two courses being offered per semester for a total of 6 semester credits and 90 clock hours each semester. Completion of this certificate program does not complete CAC-II level state certification requirements; there are four other requirements toward GACA certification as listed below:
|Work Experience Hours||3 years or 6,000 hours within past 8 years|
|Education||Bachelor’s Degree or Higher|
|Clinical Supervision||144 hours by a GACA-certified CCS|
|Testing||Written Exam/Written Case History/Presentation|
Please refer to the www.gaca.org (opens new window) website for additional information on state certification.
What can I do with it?
Check the following web site for possible career opportunities:
- National Organization for Human Services (NOHS) www.nationalhumanservices.org (opens new window)
- Southern Organization for Human Services (SOHS) www.sohse.org (opens new window)
- Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE) www.cshse.org (opens new window)
- Georgia Addiction Counselors Association (GACA) www.gaca.org (opens new window)
- National Association of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) www.naadac.org (opens new window)
What Courses do I take?
The Social Science division is responsible for the information on this page.
To inquire about the Addiction Counseling program, please contact Carol Ann Ham.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Gene Behal.
Last Update: April 21, 2015 3:31 PM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.