School Visit Program - Darton College
The purpose of the School Visit Program is to provide area high school students an opportunity to interact with Darton College students. The high school students will learn about the educational opportunities, campus culture, and typical classmates that they would encounter at Darton.
Darton College students who wish to take part in the program must be enrolled in a participating social science course at Darton. Students are responsible for completing and submitting a permission form for each high school class visited. Darton students must also return any completed high school interest cards after the visit.
Description of the Program:
Darton student participants make arrangements with an individual high school teacher to visit his or her class. The majority of the students in the high school class must be in the 11th or 12th grade, and the class must consist of a minimum of fifteen students. The high school visited must be within 75 miles of Darton College. Darton students make their own arrangements for transportation to and from the school visit. Darton students must also comply with any security procedures required by the high school(s) visited.
Rules for Class Credits:
Any Darton student who wishes to receive extra credit in participating social science classes must do the following:
- Fill out a “Darton college school visit form” and have it approved (signed) by his/her instructor before visiting the high school.
- Have the teacher of the high school class sign the form during the visit, and return the signed form to his/her instructor after the visit has been completed.
- Distribute student interest cards to the high school students visited, and return any filled-in cards to his/her instructor after the visit has been completed.
- Darton students will receive class credits (to be determined by the instructor) for up to three school visits per semester.
- One or two Darton students may participate in each school visit. (No more than two students will receive class credits for an individual visit.)
Any questions about the School Visit Program should be directed to:
|Dr. Anne Michaels
anne.michaels @ darton.edu
Professor of Psychology
Building I, Office 221
kathleen.holmes @ darton.edu
Building I, Office 224
reba.goodin @ darton.edu
Assistant Prof. of Psychology
Building I, Office 222