Darton State College Academic Support Services
Academic Support Services at Darton State College
The first line of defense is your instructor.
Talk with the instructor first to address your academic concerns.
- assists Darton students with writing assignments (such as research papers, journals, essays, reports, etc) from ANY discipline - not just ENGL classes
- works one-on-one with students throughout the writing process to polish grammar, adhere to assigned style (MLA, APA, etc), and avoid plagiarism
- offers assistance with computer skills/programs needed to complete writing assignments
- offers online tutoring (Visit the Writing Center homepage for more information)
- provides supplemental instruction for both Learning Support and college-level students in English grammar and composition.
- assists students only after they have gone first to their instructor for help and have received assistance in the appropriate center or lab
- focuses on providing tutors for courses for which there are no support services, such as chemistry, history, anatomy, and accounting
- provides one-on-one tutoring from a qualified, faculty-recommended Darton student
- assigns tutors by appointment only. Call 317-6738 for more information or go by C-103i
- provides supplemental instruction for both Learning Support and college level students in math.
- provides online tutoring (visit the Math Center homepage for more information).
- provides tutoring and assistance to students who are taking foreign language courses at Darton State College
- is equipped with computers, headphones, and microphones to access websites and programs, to listen to audio recordings, to watch video programs, and to record speeches and answers to online exercises
- provides technical support to foreign language students who are not familiar with computers and/or the Internet (many of our courses utilize technologies extensively)
The Academic Support Services department is responsible for the information on this page.
For questions regarding content, or for further information, please contact Email: Shigeru Tanaka.
Last Update: June 21, 2016 8:05 AM
The Darton State College web site is maintained by the Technology Services Division.