Darton State College
» Learning Support
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I take COMPASS after Math 0097?
- No, COMPASS is given after Math 0099.
- Do I have to take the COMPASS test again?
- If you made less than 37 on your placement test, you must retake it.
- Why do I have to take the COMPASS if I passed the class?
- State rules require a passing COMPASS score of 37 or higher to exit Learning Support Math.
- Will this course count toward my major?
- No, it is for Institutional credit only.
- Will the grade from this course count in my GPA?
- Is this course covered by my HOPE scholarship?
- Yes. The grade in this course counts toward your HOPE GPA.
- Why do I have to go to the Math Lab?
- It is a course requirement. The Math Lab provides help for all topics covered in Learning Support Math classes.
- What is an IP grade?
- This grade is given to students who have not completed all requirements for the course. (See Comprehensive Course Guide)
- Can I drop this class?
- You need to see your advisor for Learning Support policies.
- Why are we going so fast?
- Topics must be covered during the course of the semester.