Darton State College Learning Support Division | Math
» Learning Support
- Students who fall beneath the passing score 37 on the college placement test for math must take a Learning Support math course. Please see the chart on the Placement Pathways webpage to find the math class you will need.
- Students are allowed two attempts in MATH 0987 and three attempts in MATH 0097/0099. Students who fail to exit their Learning Support math course in the allotted number of attempts will be placed on Learning Support suspension for one year. Students have unlimited attempts in MATH 0997, but remember that financial aid and other policies encourage you to complete your courses successfully in the first attempt.
- Students may not drop or withdraw from MATH 0997 without dropping or withdrawing from MATH 1001 and vice versa.
- Students will exit Learning Support upon successful completion of MATH 1001 or MATH 0099.
- Students who pass MATH 0997 but fail MATH 1001 will be required to take MATH 1001 and MATH 0997 in the next semester.
- Students in MATH 0097 and 0099 use MyMathLab to complete assignments. Though they are scheduled to come to class two hours per week, students are encouraged to spend a significant amount of time completing their math assignments both at home and during open lab hours. Please consult your instructor for a pacing guide that works best for you.
- Learning Support courses only count for institutional credit, but the course does have an impact on your financial aid standing. Credit hours earned in Learning Support courses will be in addition to those required for graduation.
- There are no academic appeals for additional attempts for students enrolled in Learning Support courses.
- Receiving any of the following grades is considered an attempt: A, B, C, D, F, WF, S, U, I, or IP.
- Students may receive individualized assistance on assignments by visiting the Math Center. The center is open from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Students must complete their learning support requirement within 30 hours and must register for needed LS courses at the time of registration.