Hybrid Nursing Program
June 15 - September 15
of even years
Darton College's on-line hybrid nursing program has been approved by the University System of GA Board of Regents and the GA Board of Nursing. The online nursing program is also accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN). This program will be offered every January of odd years.
Persons interested in applying to the January hybrid track will need to meet the same requirements as other students seeking admission to Darton Nursing. Additionally, students wishing to enter the on-line (hybrid) track will need the following:
- Priority will be given to students who have completed all core classes required for nursing
- A minimum overall college GPA of 2.7, regardless of SAT/ACT scores
- Evidence of prior learning experience in an on-line format
- No previous failing grades in other nursing programs.
Students who are accepted into the hybrid track will have to meet all of the same theory and clinical requirements as traditional classroom students. Students will be expected to complete on-line assignments and actively participate in on-line discussion forums. All testing will be performed on the Darton Albany campus under the supervision of a Darton Nursing faculty member. Likewise, all clinical assignments will be completed in the Albany area healthcare facilities under direct supervision of Darton clinical faculty. Students will be required to travel to Albany once per week during the semester to complete these requirements. A typical nursing course would require (12) nine-hour labs per semester. There is no guarantee that clinicals will be performed on certain days or during specific hours. Some clinical assignments will occur during the weekdays while others may require weekend participation. For students commuting more than 2 hours, overnight Albany accommodations are recommended.
How to apply:
- Visit the Darton College homepage at www.darton.edu and click on nursing. Print out the brochure listing the steps to apply.
- Apply to Darton College if not already enrolled. Send official transcripts and immunizations to the admissions office.
- Once accepted to the college, go to the Nursing homepage to download the current Nursing department application.. Please complete the application and send a $40.00 money order to:
2400 Gillionville Road
Albany, GA 31707
Information regarding nursing programs may be obtained by contacting the ACEN - 3343 Peachtree Rd NE, Suite 850 Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000.