Advanced Placement for Licensed Practical Nurses
Credit by Examination
The LPN may challenge NURS 1101 (Fundamentals of Nursing) and NURS 1111 (Adult Health 1) by examination. Successful performance on the three components of the examination (theory, clinical laboratory, and mathematics tests) allows the LPN to exempt the first two semesters and enter the generic Associate Degree curriculum. Admission requirements are the same as for regular Associate Degree students.
Admissions Criteria for Credit by Examination Option
All applicants for the credit by examination option must meet these criteria:
- Be eligible for admission to Darton College and the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
- Have completed a practical nursing program and have one year of current nursing practice.
- Submit a transcript from practical nursing education program.
- Submit evidence of unrestricted LPN licensure.
- Have completed all prerequisite requirements for the entry nursing class.