Accreditation and Approval
Darton State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award Associate and Baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Darton State College.
The three-fold purpose for publishing the Commissionís access and contact numbers is to enable interested constituents
- to learn about the accreditation status of the institution,
- to file a third-party comment at the time of the institutionís decennial review, or
- to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement.
Normal inquiries about the institution, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to the institution and not the Commissionís office.
Specific programs of study and their accreditors follow:
- Nursing Program - Associate of Science in Nursing - Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326 Phone (404) 975-5000 FAX (404) 975-5020.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - A candidate for accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, Phone: 404-975-5000, Fax: 975-5020.
- Cancer Registry Management Program - Accredited by the National Cancer Registrars Association, Formal Education Program Review Committee, 1340 Braddock Place, Suite 203, Alexandria, VA 22314. Phone: 703-299-6640, ext. 314, www.ncra-usa.org.
- Cardiovascular Technology Program - Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT), 1449 Hill Street Whitinsville, MA 01588-1032. Phone (978) 456-5594. www.jrccvt.org. Through the Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL, 33756. Phone (727) 210-2350, Fax (727) 210-2354 www.caahep.org. Darton State College is one of only thirty-three programs in the entire United States with such designation.
- Dental Hygiene Program - Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312) 440-2568 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611. www.ada.org.
- Emergency Medical Services Program - Commission on Accreditation of Education Programs for the EMS Professions (CoAEMSP), 8301 Lakeview Pkry, Suite 111-312, Rowlett, TX 73088, Phone: 214-703-8445. www.coaemsp.org.
- Health Information Technology Program - Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education, 233 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601-5519, (312)233-1100, www.cahiim.org This is an agency of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) 233 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60601-5519 (312) 787-2672 www.ahima.org.
- Histotechnology Program - The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119 (773) 714-8880, www.naacls.org.
- Human Services Technology Program - Council for Standards in Human Services Education (CSHSE), 3337 Duke St. Alexandria, VA 22314 Phone (571) 257-3959 www.cshse.org.
- Medical Laboratory Technology/Histology Program - National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119 Phone: (773) 714-8880, fax: (773) 714-8886. www.naacls.org.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Program - The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE’s telephone number, C/O AOTA, is (301) 652-AOTA and its web address is www.acoteonline.org.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Program - Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, (CAPTE) 1111 No. Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 684-2782. www.capteonline.org.
- Respiratory Care Program - Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC), 1248 Harwood Rd., Bedford, TX 76021 (817) 283-2835. www.coarc.com.
The College has been approved to disburse funds for programs of student aid and assistance by the Social Security Administration, the Georgia State Department of Veterans Service, and the Georgia State Department of Education - Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Darton State College holds membership in several other state, regional and national associations and groups, including the American Association of Community Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, American Library Association and the College Board.
Refer to the newest Catalog for updates and revisions.
Each Department responsible for maintaining information related to them.