Accreditation and Approval
Darton State College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, (404) 679-4501, to award Associate Degrees. The three-fold purpose for publishing the Commissionís access and contact numbers is to enable interested constituents (1) to learn about the accreditation status of the institution, (2) to file a third-party comment at the time of the institution’s decennial review, or (3) to file a complaint against the institution for alleged non-compliance with a standard or requirement. Normal inquiries about the institution, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, etc., should be addressed directly to the institution and not the Commission’s office.
Specific programs of study and their accreditors follow:
- Nursing Program - Georgia Board of Nursing and the National League for Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 500, Atlanta, Georgia 30326, Phone: 404-975-5000, Fax: 975-5020
- Cancer Registry Management Program - National Cancer Registrars Association, Formal Education Program Review Committee, 1340 Braddock Place, Suite 203, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Cardiovascular Technology Program - Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT), 1248 Harwood Road, Bedord, TX 76021. Phone (214) 206-3117 through the Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, FL, 33756. Phone (727) 210-2350, Fax (727) 210-2354. Darton College is one of only thirty-three programs in the entire United States with such designation.
- Dental Hygiene Program - Commission on Dental Accreditation, a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at (312)440-2568 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.
- Emergency Medical Services Program - Georgia Department of Human Resources Emergency Health Section.
- Health Information Technology Program - Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education, 233 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60601-5519, (312)233-1100, www.cahiim.org This is an agency of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) 233 N. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60601-5519 (312)787-2672 www.ahima.org.
- Histotechnology Program - The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Rd., Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119 (773) 714-8880, www.naacls.org
- Human Services Technology Program - Council for Standards in Human Services Education (CSHSE), Susan Kincaid, VP Program Accreditation, Western Washington University, Dept. of Human Services, Woodring College of Education, Miller Hall #419 M-S 9087, 516 High Street, Bellingham, WA 98225 Telephone: (360)650-3531.
- Medical Laboratory Technology/Histology Program - National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, Ill. 60018-5119 Phone: (773) 714-8880, fax: (773) 714-8886. www.naacls.org.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant Program - Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE), The American Occupational Therapy Association, P.O. Box 31220, Bethesda, MD 20824-1220, (301)652-2682.
- Physical Therapist Assistant Program - Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education, 1111 No. Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314, (703) 684-2782.
- Respiratory Care Program - Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (COARC), 1248 Harwood Rd., Bedford, TX 76021 (817) 283-2835.
The College has been approved to disburse funds for programs of student aid and assistance by the Social Security Administration, the Georgia State Department of Veterans Service, and the Georgia State Department of Education - Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.
Darton College holds membership in several other state, regional and national associations and groups, including the American Association of Community Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, American Library Association and the College Board.
Refer to the newest Catalog for updates and revisions.
Maintained by: OIT; Contact: Dorea Hardy
Each Department responsible for maintaining questions related to them.