Darton State College Library | Distance Learning InterLibrary Loan Request
Distance Learning InterLibrary Loan
Request FOR OFF CAMPUS STUDENTS
- Do a Title or Author search in the Library Catalog (GIL-Find) (opens new window) to check Darton’s holdings for your selection if you are trying to get a book.
- Check with the Reference Desk about the:
For Darton State College distance learning students who do not attend any on-campus courses and who reside outside the Darton State College service area, the Library will fax or mail materials to remote locations from the Library collection. To order material from the Darton Library collection OR to order material NOT available in the Collection, just choose and fill out one of the following forms.
Students or Faculty of Darton State College who attend classes ON campus should fill out the Regular ILL Form.
- When you check out material via the Darton State College Library through the Front Desk, through GIL Express, or through InterLibrary Loan you are responsible for the material until it’s on-time return to the appropriate facility.
- Books must be returned while copied articles can usually be kept by the borrower.
- When using Darton Library or GIL Express for checkout you may check your Library Account through GIL-Find (opens new window).
- A video at the Library Orientation page shows how to get your Library account PIN, get into your account and get your GALILEO database password:
- A printout listing materials and due dates is included with every regular library checkout and if it is an InterLibrary Loan or GIL Express the book will have a label attached with a due date.
- Failure to return books on time in proper condition can result in fines and other fees. Overdue items, outstanding fines or other obligations may result in the suspension of library privileges and/or the flagging of College records.
- For further information please see FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS TO THE COLLEGE.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- NOTE: THIS IS THE QUICKEST and BEST WAY TO GET A BOOK:If you are at a campus near a University of Georgia System Library you can search their library book catalog by doing an advanced search in the Universal GIL-Find Catalog (opens new window) limited to that library Location. As a student in a University of Georgia System School you can check books out at that institution. (See rules for ID and participation at How to Use GIL Express (opens new window))
- Where do i get my material?
CORDELE Campus students will pick up and drop off books at the office in Cordele thanks to the generosity and frequent travel of campus staff who will also return books to the Darton campus; resulting in less costs for mail support for both the Darton State College Library and the students involved in the process.
Other campus students will receive materials by mail, fax or through instructors depending on the situation. Materials received through mail will need to be returned by the student on time at the student's expense.
- How do i know the due date?
If it is an InterLibrary Loan or GIL Express it will have a label attached with a due date. Please return the book to the library by the due date with the label attached. if it is a Darton State College Library or GIL Express book you may check your Library Account through GIL-Find. A video at the Library Orientation page shows how to get your Library account PIN, get into your account and get your GALILEO database password:
- How long before I get my article/book?
You may get it within a few days but should allow AT LEAST 2 weeks.
- Is filling out the form a guarantee I’ll get the article/book?
NO-not all requests can be filled. Requests for books published within the current year are often not filled.
- What about fees and costs?
If a fee is charged by the lending library we will pass the cost(s) on to the patron in the form of a bill included with the item when it is sent to the patron.
In order to use ILL patrons must be in good standing; that is they must be eligible for ILL and must return items on time and pay fees as applicable