Darton State College Library | InterLibrary Loan Request - FAQs
InterLibrary Loan Request
- Do a Title or Author search in the Library Catalog (GIL-Find) (opens new window) to check Darton’s holdings for your selection if you are trying to get a book.
- Check with the Reference Desk about the:
ONLY students who do not attend any on-campus courses and who reside outside the Darton State College service area (We will check) will receive books or articles from our library holdings by filling out the Distance Learning InterLibrary Loan Form.
If you have already checked the library holdings and are unable to locate the material you need in our holdings choose and fill out one of the following forms
Otherwise please return to the Library Homepage
- When you check out material via the Darton State College Library through the Front Desk, through GIL Express, or through InterLibrary Loan you are responsible for the material until it's on-time return to the appropriate facility.
- Books must be returned while copied articles can usually be kept by the borrower.
- When using Darton Library or GIL Express for checkout you may check your Library Account through GIL-Find (opens new window).
- A video at the Library Orientation page shows how to get your Library account PIN, get into your account and get your GALILEO database password:
- A printout listing materials and due dates is included with every regular library checkout and if it is an InterLibrary Loan or GIL Express the book will have a label attached with a due date.
- Failure to return books on time in proper condition can result in fines and other fees.
- Overdue items, outstanding fines or other obligations may result in the suspension of library privileges and/or the flagging of College records.
- For further information please see FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS TO THE COLLEGE
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long before I get my article/book?
You may get it within a few days but should allow AT LEAST 2 weeks.
- Is filling out the form a guarantee I'll get the article/book?
NO-not all requests can be filled. Requests for books published within the current year are often not filled.
- What about fees and costs?
If a fee is charged by the lending library we will pass the cost(s) on to the patron in the form of a bill included with the item when it is sent to the patron.
In order to use ILL patrons must be in good standing; that is they must be eligible for ILL and must return items on time and pay fees as applicable