Darton State College Library | InterLibrary Loan Request - FAQs
InterLibrary Loan Request
- Do a Title or Author search in the Library Catalog (GIL-Find) (opens new window) to check Darton’s holdings for your selection if you are trying to get a book.
- Check with the Reference Desk about the:
ONLY students who do not attend any on-campus courses and who reside outside the Darton State College service area (We will check) will receive books or articles from our library holdings by filling out the Distance Learning InterLibrary Loan Form.
If you have already checked the library holdings and are unable to locate the material you need in our holdings choose and fill out one of the following forms
Otherwise please return to the Library Homepage
- LibGuides info: http://libguides.darton.edu/RESEARCH (opens new window)
- (For all students esp. DISTANCE LEARNERS) How to Access Items NOT in Full Text: GIL Express and InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
- [CURRENTLY full time employed or full or part-time enrolled at Darton State College otherwise check with your institution of enrollment]:
- Items must be returned on time or YOUR RECORDS MAY BE FROZEN - check DARTON Library Account for due dates/renew if possible!
- Print BOOKS: GIL EXPRESS: after searching GIL-Find (opens new window) for Darton, if we do NOT have the book go to the Universal Catalog (opens new window). Search ALL schools or limit to nearby ones if you are, for example, near Albany State or Ga Southwestern. This universal borrowing service = GIL Express (opens new window).
- Articles and Print Books: InterLibrary Loan: choose InterLibrary Loan Request (ILL) then choose the appropriate link (On or Off Campus) then the form for Article or for Book. Fill in the information and choose YES for “*I agree to comply with these restrictions” (Failure to select "Yes" cancels your request.) After submitting, you will receive a copy (print/save) then you can use the back button to re-submit other requests.
- The OFF CAMPUS ILL Link gives helpful information on accessing items.
- For information on getting into your Library account, see the first video at: http://libguides.darton.edu/RESEARCH (opens new window)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long before I get my article/book?
You may get it within a few days but should allow AT LEAST 2 weeks.
- Is filling out the form a guarantee I'll get the article/book?
NO-not all requests can be filled. Requests for books published within the current year are often not filled.
- What about fees and costs?
If a fee is charged by the lending library we will pass the cost(s) on to the patron in the form of a bill included with the item when it is sent to the patron.
In order to use ILL patrons must be in good standing; that is they must be eligible for ILL and must return items on time and pay fees as applicable